College Success Strategies
The College Success Strategies Course (UNIV 1004) is a 3-credit (A-F) course. Course credit earned in UNIV 1004 cannot be applied toward graduation requirements. The credits earned will be used to determine full-time student status, for financial aid, and for other eligibility issues. The grade you earn will be computed in the semester in which you are enrolled in the class as well as your cumulative GPA.
The goal of the UNIV course is to empower students with the knowledge, skills and self-awareness necessary to achieve success in college and in life. This course is restricted to freshmen/transfer students or students having a GPA of 2.5 or less.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify strengths and weaknesses related to academic knowledge, skills, motivation, and attitude
- Describe the in- and out- of class experiences and choices that contribute to the student’s academic performance
- Create goals to achieve academic and personal success
- Describe effective strategies in the areas of: time management, reading, note-taking, general study and learning strategies, and test-taking
- Articulate campus resources available to assist in success
- Identify effective ways to interact with faculty and advisors
- Describe the characteristics of a successful teamwork experience, as well as identify challenges that may arise from teamwork
For more information contact email@example.com or call 540-231-8440.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact our office at 540-231-8440 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.