BMEN Success Coaching
Academic success coaching allows students to:
- Create an individualized plan to achieve success
- Identify potential obstacles and challenges, and connect students to resources.
- Gain specific skills that will assist in achieving goals
- Reflect on progress
- Topics can include:
- Mentorship opportunities
- Internships/Undergraduate Research
- Academic coaching
- Connection to campus resources
- General Advice
The BMEN initiative is a significant university effort to increase Black Male student success and alumni engagement at Virginia Tech.
We encourage alumni to engage in this initiative by:
- signing up as mentors, resources or speakers for future programs
- providing students with access to opportunities
- engage by supporting our BMEN Fund or mobilizing others to do the same (for programs, scholarships, community service trips)
- consider developing activities that would help support the success of this initiative and our students.
Email Patrick Wallace